Monday, December 28, 2009

The longest Monday ever!



You think most Mondays are long? I got up at 3:30 am Monday morning. That was 36 hours ago, and it's STILL Monday! Ha! The good news is that I'm HOME! Thanks for the lift from the airport sis! Turned out to be a bad day to travel to the US, lots of extra security due to the xmas day failed bombing event. But a Frontier breakfast burrito later (with extra green chile thanks!) and I am just about right. Well that and maybe a good 20 hours of sleep! The other good thing I noticed was no culture shock. Usually when I return home from international travel, it after I've been visiting "the other half" and it takes me a week or two to get over the shock and disgust of returning to our hedonistic life style. This trip though, I never left the warm blanket to consumerism and decadence, so reintegration has been painless. The worst problem I've had on return is figuring which way the damn cars are coming when I cross the street! (they are opposite in AU and NZ, and I was just about getting used to it being backwards!)

Bayard has created a very nice photo album with commentary of the trip:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=182468&id=717345427&l=9452b3c7b2


Happy new year to all and see you next adventure!

1 comment:

  1. God bless decadence! WELCOME HOME buddy! That is a mighty fine looking burrito. NZ pics are up on my facebook, Auz ones to follow - put yurs where i can get em!

    ReplyDelete